BMW Rider Training – West Midlands
Who are we?
Our company name is Bryans Motorcycle Training and we operate under the following names:- BMW Rider Training West Midlands and Bryans BMW Rider Training. We are one of the 5 Independent Motorcycle training schools supported by and service providers for BMW Motorrad UK.
What do we use your information for?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To process your booking.
- To personalize your experience
- To improve customer service
Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent.
We may disclose your information to our third-party service providers for the purposes of providing services to us or directly to you on our behalf e.g. advertising agencies or administrative service providers such as the World of BMW team, who process our customer service enquiries or bookings on our behalf, and BMW Motorrad UK, for audit and monitoring purposes. When we use third-party service providers, we only disclose to them any personal information that is necessary for them to provide their service and we have a contract in place that requires them to keep your information secure and not to use it other than in accordance with our specific instructions.
If we sell all or part of our business to a third party, we may transfer your information to that party to ensure that it can continue to provide information that you have requested or for any of the other purposes that we have noted above.
We may transfer your data to government or other official bodies for the purposes of complying with legal obligations, for enforcing our rights, or for the prevention or detection of a crime.
The personal information we will collect from you will include:
- Full name and title
- Address, telephone number and email address
- Date of birth
- Disability, health conditions and learning difficulties, if you say you have any and need reasonable adjustments for your booking or test
- Driving licence number and entitlement details, disqualification dates (if you’ve been disqualified) via licence check code.
- Theory test certificate pass number, required for candidates going on to DVSA module 1 and 2 practical riding tests.
- Training records, are held for 7 years from the end of your training with us to allow us to plan your training
- Motorcycle test results for analytical data only, to record pass rates.
- Card details for payments processed are entered directly into our contracted card machine, not recorded in any way, and merchant receipts are held securely for 18 months.
It is your responsibility to make sure the information you give us is accurate and let us know if it changes. For example, if you change your:
- Telephone number / Email Address
- Licence number
How do we protect your information?
We have adopted the technical and organisational measures necessary to ensure the security of the personal data we collect, use and maintain, and prevent their alteration, loss, unauthorised processing or access, having regard to the state of the art, the nature of the data stored and the risks to which they are exposed by human action or physical or natural environment. However, as effective as our security measures are, no security system is impenetrable. and the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure.
Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
How long do we keep your information?
We will only keep your personal data for as long as it is needed for the reasons set out in this policy or for as long as is required by law. In general, this means that we will only hold your personal data for 7 years from the date of your last training day.
Your Consent & GDPR
When you attend your first training session, you have the option for your basic details to be shared with the Motorcycle Industry Association (Find out more about the MCIA here) for audit & monitoring, as well as optional BMW Motorrad & World of BMW newsletters. Nothing will be sent without your completion of our consent form.
Personal Data – Your Rights
By law, you have the right to:
- View your data – you can access your personal data free of charge and in digital format
- Be informed – you should know and understand what happens with your data and why
- Be forgotten – without a ‘compelling reason’ to keep your data, we must delete it
- Move your data – you can obtain and reuse your personal data with other services
- Limit how your data is used – you can block and put restrictions on how your data is used, if it’s inaccurate or unnecessary
- Say no – you can stop direct marketing and data processing when there’s no ‘compelling reason’ to do it
- Make changes to your data – you can update any data about you that’s out of date or false, without delay
- Human-made decision making – you can stop automated decisions being made about you, if it has legal or significant consequences
Contact our Data Protection Officer for any further information or any action you require taking with regards to the above rights.
We may change this privacy notice at our discretion at any time. When we change this notice, the date on the page will be updated. Any changes to this privacy notice will be applied to you and your data as of that revision date.
We encourage you to periodically review this privacy notice to be informed about your data is protected.
This Policy was last updated on 25/06/2021.
Bryans Motorcycle Training
Stanley Matthews Way
Stoke on Trent